Welcome to my beauty blog!

Welcome to my beauty blog! I created this blog because of my love and passion for makeup, skincare and hair. I hope you find this interesting and learn something from my blog. Thanks so much for reading and please follow to show your support!

Translate this page/traduire cette page/traducir la pagina

Monday, May 17, 2010

HoW.ManY.TiMeS.Do.YoU.NEeD.To.Be.ToLd....DoN't.JuDge.A.BoOk.By.iTs.CoVer!


So I was surfing the www and was interested when I read an article about stars/actors that were thought to be a certain race and were actually latin. They may play different races in different shows and movies but are actually latin. Just goes to show, we are one of the most beautiful races... we can go from blonde and blue eyed to dark rich hair and dark mysterious eyes.


Here are a few that I either found interesting or shocked and surprised me:


Do you remember this guy?  That's right its David Gallagher(25) from 7th Heaven, one of TV’s whitest families on the long-running family drama,. David played Simon Camden. But who would’ve guessed that this blonde haired, blue-eyed guy was Latino? No me! David was born in Flushing, New York to a Cubana named Elena Lopez. 



This beautiful lady is Miss Sara Paxton(21), you may know her from "The last house on the left" or "Superhero movie". Sara’s got blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes, but don’t let that fool you—she is very proud to be Latina! The daughter of a Scottish and Irish father, Sara’s mother, Lucia was born In Monterrey, Mexico and raised in Ciudad Acuña. When asked how people react when they find out she’s Mexican, she replied “They don’t believe me at all,"  "I think its because they have this stereotype of what a Hispanic girl is supposed to look like, and I don’t fit that typical look,”

You may know this beauty from "How I met your mother", "Gossip Girl", "Reba" or "Privileged"....That's right, it's Joanna Garcia(30). Joanna was born in Tampa, Florida to a Spanish-American mother and a Cuban father, last year Joanna became the first Latina to land a recurring role on Gossip Girl, and she had this to say about getting the role: “I'm always proud to be Latin anywhere I go, but the fact that I'm breaking a little ground here makes me very excited!”

 Who would have guess she was latina? Alexis Bledel(28) has played Rory Gilmore in the "Gilmore girls" for seven seasons and little know that she is latina. I mean look at her. Could you have guessed? She was born in Houston, Texas to Nanette Dozier; a mexican and her father Martin who is from Argentina. Her first language is actually spanish.





'Day and Night'.. oh god this song brings back memories! I love that song. Yes! Kid Cudi(26) is Latino. You may know this rapper, singer and actor from his hit songs or his role in "How to make it in America". He was born from an African American mother and a Mexican father. 

Can you guess who this is? That's right! It's me(22)! Born in Canada to a Chinese/Spanish mother and a Mexican/Spanish Father. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails