Hello gorgeous people,
Well here we are, Valentine's Weekend! I wanted to start this weekend with some fun and interesting facts about Valentine's. I thought "Hey, why not!" It's something totally different for my blog. And I enjoyed reading them, so I thought you would too! Have a fantastic Valentine's Day/Weekend. I am working on editing another makeup look. May take a while as I have work during the weekend, plus Valentine's.
Enough blah blah blah, ENJOY!
14. The idea of wearing a wedding ring on the fourth finger on the left hand is dated back to ancient Egypt, where it was believed that the vein of love ran from this finger directly to the heart.
13. The oldest dated love poem that is still in shape is written on a clay tablet, dated from the times of the Sumerians, who are the inventors of writing, roughly 3500 B.C. It was unromantically named Istanbul #2461 by archeologists who unearthed it.
Roman god of love and beauty. He is often on Valentine cards and gifts holding a bow and arrows as he is believed to use magical arrows to arouse feelings of love.
11. 15% of U.S. women send themselves flowers on Valentine's Day.
10. Women Spend half as much as men do on Valentine's Day. (Last year, the average american man spent over $150)
8. March and Pregnancy tests go hand in hand. According to statistics, at-home pregnancy test sales are at their highest, the month after Valentine's Day as a consequence of all the romantic couplings are realized.
7. Florist make loads of $$$ on Valentine's Day. Florists mark up the prices around Feb. 14, as much as 30%.
6. Women prefer cards to flowers.
5. Men prefer flowers to cards.
4. Men buy over 70% of flowers bought on Valentines day.
3. In Japan, Men receive more Valentines.
2. More than 36 million heart shaped boxes of chocolates are sold for Valentine's Day.