Welcome to my beauty blog!

Welcome to my beauty blog! I created this blog because of my love and passion for makeup, skincare and hair. I hope you find this interesting and learn something from my blog. Thanks so much for reading and please follow to show your support!

Translate this page/traduire cette page/traducir la pagina

Thursday, May 27, 2010

iTs.aLL.iN.ThE.ToOLs.

You can ask any Makeup Artist or any artist for that matter about the importance of brushes and they will always tell you how important they are in the application. It does not matter what brand name you use in makeup or how expensive it is. Using a good quality brush will make all the difference. They will make you feel like a professional and will help to blend, cover and apply better. I suggest using brushes over a sponge because sponges soak up all your product, apply streaky and some people are allergic to them. I suggest using brushes over your fingers because it's less messy and you will get a better even coverage.
My all time favourite brand of brushes has to be Smashbox most definitely. I love these brushes because:
1.The hair comes from organically fed animals 
2.The animals are not killed, yet they are shaved twice a year
3.The hair on the brushes are not dyed, therefore reducing the chance of reaction to the brush to about none.
4.The wood used for the handles is recycled and recyclable 
5.The paint that is used for the brush handles is non-toxic, meaning that if somehow seems into the hairs, it is not harmful to you
6.The glue attaching the handle to the metal part is organic glue.
7.Just try them..they are AH-mazing!

Now that you have the right brushes what are each of them for? Well like I always tell my customers, there is no right brush for each job. Does a painter say "this brush is only for painting green leaves."? NO! so use whatever brush for whatever you like. What they are marked or labelled as are suggest uses. 
And how are you going to clean them? Yes, you have to clean them! I once had someone tell me that they never cleaned their brushes in 35 years because no one until me told her that she needed too! EW! So to clean your brushes I recommend not using anything containing alcohol as the hairs on the brushes are most likely natural hair. And you would never put alcohol on your hair would you? So treat them carefully. There are brush cleaners which are simply used by spraying on the brush and wiping with a paper towel or tissue. Or you could use a gentle shampoo and conditioner. Or even a gentle dish soap. Just remember to not stand your brushes upright to dry. Yet lay them down over a counter to dry.  
So remember invest in brushes and take care of them and you won't have to spend loads on makeup to achieve professional results.



Thanks for reading. Please FOLLOW/SUBSCRIBE! and COMMENT!

4 comments:

beautyparler said...

I have two Smashbo brushes: the #1 & the Kabuki, not bad.
Thanks for visiting!

Miss Krimson said...

yeah i absolutely love them! and no prob... great blog! i followed :D

phouse1964 said...

Smashbox is my favorite brand of everything period. I love love their brushes and love how the product FEELS on my face. My favorite brush might be a tie between the big Kabuki (#29) brush and the #30 - it's a QVC exclusive and I guess you could call it a pointed blending brush.

Miss Krimson said...

nice! glad you love smashbox! it is my favourite as well for sure!
Maricela

Related Posts with Thumbnails