Detoxifying your body will neutralize and eliminate by products and toxins there for helping to prevent storage of toxins in the organs, skin and fat tissues which may lead to conditions such as sluggishness, weight gain, digestive problems, blemishes on the skin or weak and dry hair and nails.
A detox program can help the body's natural cleaning process by:
1) Resting the organs through fasting;
2) Stimulating the liver to drive toxins from the body;
3) Promoting elimination through the intestines, kidneys and skin;
4) Improving circulation of the blood; and
5) Refueling the body with healthy nutrients.
So how can we eliminate these toxins or minimize our storage of them?
There are many ways of detoxifying, these are just a few I know about.
1. Eat a variety of veggies and fruits every single day. Try and eat all kinds of colours of them. As well as eat organic and/or local farmed because this way you can make sure they are not covered in preservatives. Even better, plant your own garden!
2. Drink plenty of water! The more, the better! To figure out how much water you should drink for your personal weight and lifestyle, click here and use the hydration calculator.
3. Don't smoke and try and not be around people who smoke as you will inhale second hand smoke. Did you know? There are more than 400 reported possible cigarette ingredients. I can't imagine that any of them are good at all.
4. Using a detox/cleansing kit annually or twice annually maximum will be a healthy jump start to the year or help flush out storage of toxins. (This is especially great to do after travelling or a whole lot of partying ;) )
5. See a naturopath and doctor! Not just one! See both will give you options from both western and eastern medical views.
6. Uses products that are free of harmful chemicals, preservatives, additives and fillers.
7. Drink tea. Ginger and peppermint are fabulous for hydration and they are loaded with antioxidants and soothe the digestive system. Dandelion can help reduce excess bloating and water retention. Milk Thistle is awesome for supporting healthy liver function.
8. Pre/probiotics help to remove toxins in the digestive system before they can be absorbed by the body and they support healthy digestive function. They can be found in things such as active cultured yogurt, in yogurt drinks and in supplement form.
9. Drink wheatgrass or greens based drinks. They help to balance the pH levels in the body. Plus they are packed of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, plant proteins and fiber.
10. Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system.
Thanks for reading! Please FOLLOW! and COMMENT!