This post may or may not offend, disgust, or down right anger some. I, in no way mean to upset anyone, yet enlighten you upon the truth. Open your eyes and make you aware. Please read on:
"Testing, one, two, three"
This would have to be a touchy subject for myself, as I imagine for many others as well. this is why I have only touched upon this subject one other time. (Click here to read my experience with confronting a company) I absolutely hate it when I discover certain brands do this. Unfortunately, the hidden ingredient in cosmetic testing.... if you haven't guessed already, Animal Suffering and testing. Sadly every year, cosmetic companies kill millions of animals to test their products. These companies claim to test on animals so they can establish safety of their products and ingredients. However these inhumane tests are not needed. I just wanted to expose a few facts about animal testing:
1. Unfortunately there is no way of knowing exactly how many animals were used to test or research products in the USA, as laws do not require the scientists to document how many mice, rats, or birds they use, however it is estimated that 90% of animals are mice and rats.
2. However they DO have to report how many experiments involve dogs, cats, sheep, hamsters, guinea pigs, and primates. From all the animals that the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) collects numbers on, there were 1,438,553 that were used in research in 2002.
3. If you do the math(from the first two facts), which has been done for you here, we can conclude that about 14 million rats and mice were used in research in 2002.
4. Sadly these animals do not live in comfort while being tested on either. Small animals such as hamsters or rats and mice, are kept in clear or white plastic boxes, roughly the size of a shoe box. Ones that are a bit bigger such as guinea pigs, live their life in larger boxes about twice the size of a shoe box. And sadly there are more then one animal in these boxes.For larger animals such as dogs, cats, and primates, they live their life in wired cages. They stay in their cages all the time except when they are being tested on.
5. Can you imagine being kept in a cage all the time? Intelligent animals like dogs, cats, pigs and primates become extremely lonely and bored.
6. Animal testing is inhumane and is also inaccurate.
If this concerns you, you can request your very own Cruelty free shopping guide which tells you which brands do and which brands do not test on animals. I have requested mine! Peta.org
SOME BRANDS THAT DO NOT TEST ON ANIMALS!
thanks for reading! Please FOLLOW and COMMENT!
What did you think of this post? If you lovelies like it, there will be more like this.